Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Module 4 - Connectivism

 
My networks are such an important part of my life!  Social networking via email and Facebook has allowed me to reconnect with people that I haven’t seen or talked to in years.  In addition to being able to reconnect with people, I have gained so much knowledge from connecting with others. 
On multiple occasions I have posted questions, via Facebook or on my college course discussion board, which I needed answered and was able to get feedback from my networking community.  Likewise, I have also been able to read their posts and learned new ideas/ways of doing things!
 

7 comments:

  1. Danita,
    Your concise mind map explains your described connectivism. Facebook is great to use. Please try Google Plus (G+) to connect with tons of scholars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danita,

    I love the way you personalized your mind map with your photo. I originally began social networking as a way to reconnect with others. I had no idea that it would become such a beneficial resource in my career.

    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you grouped your information sources under networks, and your personalization of your picture! I stuck with digital sources of information whereas you added non-digital sources. Thank you fo a new view on the mind map.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Danita,

    I like your addition of parents as part of your networks. Reflecting, I do see how I have learned from discussion with parents about their children. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danita,
    I like you Mindmap. It is definitely personalized with your photo, smile. Great pic and great job. Do you find yourself using digital tools more than the telephone? I think it's faster and easier for me to send an email, texts, and use Facebook to stay connected to my family and friends. It's amazing to see how technology and the usage has advanced over time. Shannon~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shannon,
      I use digital tools way more than I use the telephone. I feel that I am "in touch" with my friends and family more than I have ever been. Love it!
      Danita

      Delete
  6. Danita
    I like your mindmap as well, I agree that networks make it easier to keep in touch with others. I love seeing friend and family on social networks. I also have enjoyed using Skype, wikis, and blogs to communicate with otherr learners. Networking adds interesting dimensions to all aspects of life.

    ReplyDelete