Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Digital Learning


Digital resources have become such an important part of my life.  My hectic life style doesn’t allow me to visit people as often as I would like; however, I feel like I can still stay connected with my friends and family through technological innovations.  Equally as important, is the flexibility that it offers.  Distance education affords me the opportunity to further my education even though I can’t physically make it to class. 
My philosophy of learning closely resembles that of a connectivist.  I believe that learning occurs most often when a learner can make mental connections with new concepts presented.  With that being said, I think that building background knowledge is non-negotiable.  Teachers must seek ways to help their students scaffold new ideas with previously taught concepts in order for true learning to occur!
 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Hello Danita,

    I love digital technologies. We have five children in the military and digital technologies have allowed us to keep in touch with them. I also resemble that of a connectivist.

    ReplyDelete